We love our Troopy. And I have always loved spending a days with our kids and as a family exploring our local beaches, rainforests and bushland.
On Thursdays William (4), Zahli (2) and I (32) get out of the house visiting parks around the mid north coast. It is so good to get out of the house and we know how much kids love playing outside (and the benefits of outdoor play! 😉
Since the Troopy joined our family in March this year the adventure list has grown and so has our ability to visit areas with four-wheel drive access (mountains and beaches). We love visiting Jollynose Mountain, Queens lake and chilling out on Rainbow Beach, Bonny Hills.
But a simple suggestion from a close friend (thank you Peta) to start our “Troopy Travels” and blog about it has kick started another adventure. Here is a list of some of the best places to visit on the mid north coast (in no particular order):
- Ellenborough Falls/Comboyne
- Old Bottlebutt
- Point Plomer/Crescent Head
- Pilot Beach/Dunbogan/Perpendicular Point
- Lighthouse Beach-Lake Cathie
- Diamond Head/Kylie’s Hut
- Kindee suspension bridge/Long Flat
- Cobrabald/Rollands Plains
- The Three Brothers- North Brother, Middle Brother and Little Brother mountains
- North Shore-Port Macquarie
- Town Beach-Port Macquarie
- Mt Seaview
- Beechwood/Koori Island
- and our favourites: Jollynose mtn, Queens lake and Rainbow Beach!
So starting this week we will be visiting each of these places, plus any other great suggestions from friends and local legends. Please contact me if you would like to join us on our weekly adventures. They will be Thursday mornings meeting for morning tea and a play outside from 9:30am. Kids, families and Troopy legends welcome (most venues are do not require 4WD). Follow us on here and on Facebook for more information!